Riding Exposure in Durango | Haflin Creek

Riding Exposure in Durango | Haflin Creek

My Bikes- http://bit.ly/MyQuiver
Alex on IG- https://www.instagram.com/red_mountain_goat/?hl=en
661 just released the updated Recon knee pad. I have been using and enjoying them for a couple of months now. In stock in the US here- https://bit.ly/661forthetrailriders

There is just something appealing to me about riding exposed trail. Never am I more focused or engaged than when my life depends on it. I find this feeling hard to replicate in other situations in life. I rode Haflin Creek once prior, about 8 years ago and it somehow left an impression on me. Overgrown, full of jank, 99% downhill with real exposure and rain ruts to keep you on your toes. Basically, if you screw anything up in the last 5 minutes of this video, you are going to have a bad day. This is not most people's idea of a fun ride, but for Alex Petitdemange and myself, this is why we ride mountain bikes. After spending a bunch of time in the mountains between Silverton and Durango, Haflin offers some nice diversity with some raw desert riding that the trails closer to town are known for. 3000ft of chunk and sniper rocks to keep you honest. The San Juan never ceases to amaze me. Huge props to anyone who maintains this amazing piece of natural track, it is a diamond in the rough. I was riding my Yeti SB130lr for this one with a 160 RockShox Zeb keeping me off of the ground.

#FollowCamFriday#MakePOVgreatAgain4K

Post a Comment

0 Comments