Voidstar Live: Automated Art for My Very Last Client

Voidstar Live: Automated Art for My Very Last Client

One last job - one last prototype. I said I was out, but they just keep pullin' me back in. But this time I mean it; this is the last gadget I'm building for money.

Before I got serious about YouTube, I was a prototype developer - I made one-off gizmos for paying customers, and sometimes turned them into products. I stopped taking clients after my videos started paying the bills, but there was one job I just never finished.

The client: Pauline Galiana, a mixed-media artist based in NYC: https://www.roberthenrycontemporary.com/artists/pauline-galiana

The job: Build a motorized mount for a nine-square-foot transparent art piece that subtly shifts its position throughout the day.

The catch: It needs to be wireless, silent, safe, easy to use, and run for an entire month without a recharge.

The plan: Make circuit boards, make models, improve the code, and tie up the last remnant of my past career.

It's been a while, but I'm dusting off the consultant hat for one last job. Let's go out with a bang.

DIYzack friedmanzach friedman

Post a Comment

0 Comments