Unable To Perceive The Shape Of You, I Find You All Around Me - THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Unable To Perceive The Shape Of You, I Find You All Around Me - THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

This romantic fantasy film story follows a mute cleaner at a high-security government laboratory who falls in love with a captured humanoid amphibian creature.

Elisa Esposito (Sally Hawkins) cannot speak, and has wounds on her neck since she was a child.

One of her very few friends, include her closeted next-door neighbor, Giles, a middle-aged struggling advertising illustrator.

When working at a secret government laboratory, she finds that the government has captured a mysterious creature.

The creature, which is a humanoid amphibian, is called the "Amphibian Man" (Doug Jones).

She begins visiting him in secret, forms a close bond, and even helps it escape by first bringing the creature to her home.

Their bond has then developed to romance, which culminated when the relationship becomes sexual.

In this scene, Elisa who says goodbye to the Amphibian Man at a canal, was shot.

The creature who is also shot heals itself quickly.

When the creature heals Elisa, this is when the scars on neck, open to reveal gills.

Elisa jolts back to life as her wounds heal and she can now breathe underwater.

"If I told you about her, what would I say? That they lived happily ever after? I believe they did. That they were in love? That they remained in love?" narrates Giles.

"I'm sure that's true. But when I think of her - of Elisa - the only thing that comes to mind is a poem, whispered by someone in love, hundreds of years ago: 'Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with Your love, It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere.'"

CREDIT

Fox Searchlight Pictures
Director: Guillermo del Toro
Producer: Guillermo del Toro, J. Miles Dale
Cast: Sally Hawkins, Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Doug Jones, Michael Stuhlbarg, Octavia Spencer

UnablePerceiveShape

Post a Comment

0 Comments