The Return! Metal Detecting With A Stunning Medieval Find

The Return! Metal Detecting With A Stunning Medieval Find

I returned to the location where I broke my metal detector. I had no other choice because after inspecting the damage I dropped and lost the coil battery! In order to continue detecting (at all) I had to find the battery first.
In case you haven't seen the previous video, there it is: https://youtu.be/scafwpin83k

Fortunately it took me only a few seconds - I came back, looked down and there it was! I was lucky because a little bit of wind could have covered it with leaves.

I was able to continue and made a stunning find shortly after. The artifact looked medieval. I really don't know how old it is. My guess would be somewhat pre 15th century, although I was even speculating if it could have been Roman.
I think, it's a "mount", or "fitting" that could have been attached to a belt, or a strap. It has a loop at the end that obviously broke at some point in time.
The object cleaned up real nice, although it was covered with a hard crust.

I also found other nice items. The Mexican button with a plane motif looks mysterious to me. I would like to know its purpose.

Well, it was a great outing in my opinion, considering that it depended on the battery find I had to make, without a working detector :).

I hope you liked it.

Thank you for watching.

Metal DetectingRedemptionAmazing Find

Post a Comment

0 Comments